Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High lvl things on trans

Go down 
+4
SteelCat
Lollypop Guildmaster
J. Persinne
Smoky
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoky

Smoky

High lvl things on trans Empty
PostSubject: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:41 am

Yet again there is raut damn mobs all over the forest, so sucks to enter a loading area and you get raped by something 20+ levels higher then yourself. And on that you lose all your gold, would it be possible to add a bank to the fort or something? Losing 150k gold to something like that really sucks =(
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:50 am

Once we've finished altering all of the spawns on the module, high level creatures in low level areas for long durations of time will be a thing of the past.

We also intend to change death so that you will not drop all of your gold (only a percentage of it), so fort banks likely won't seem as necessary.
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:51 am

When my character blinds monsters with darkness, they eventually wander back to their spawn locations after a moment of no combat. Whatever script does this would be handy in a case like this, I think.
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 am

Was looking forward to that expensive box, guess i have to start all over again :S

Had a feeling i shouldnt go to ranz in that moment, but damn i was way to curious to see what i get in that box Razz
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Lollypop Guildmaster wrote:
When my character blinds monsters with darkness, they eventually wander back to their spawn locations after a moment of no combat. Whatever script does this would be handy in a case like this, I think.
That "script" is the altered spawns in action. Wink
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:23 am

How about giving the player exiting transit a X second Sanctuary effect? This way they will have time to see what's around them without being smacked away before their loading screen is complete.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic
Staff

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:44 am

That would lead to abuse. It's hard enough to keep up with players in PvP through transitions.

Smiters would love it, though. ^^
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:54 am

Cryptic wrote:
That would lead to abuse. It's hard enough to keep up with players in PvP through transitions.

Smiters would love it, though. ^^

I don't see how. Let's say you get 2 sec g.sanc effect right after trans, then a cooldown of ~15 sec so you don't come back to the area to get another 2 sec of g.sanc and so on.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic
Staff

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:01 am

You'd see how. The players are very talented. ^^
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Please, Dear Lord, give me free, unseeable, unbreachable, sanctuary. I will have -so- much fun.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:26 pm

You'd have players transitioning even more in PvP, just to get the effect. The idea is better for an arena server with one-area playfields. Rolling Eyes Any sort of buffs (if someone was to suggest 100% invulnerability for a second to give people time to react) would suffer too much abuse that can't easily be controlled.

The Rauts are getting fed up with these weaklings from Cleaven and Axfell. They're ready to do something about it. -Gives them all a smirk-
Back to top Go down
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:44 am

[Solo'd half of Raut, thankyouverymuch.] Maybe the Rauts are getting annoyed of Shallindria pissing in their porridge.

What do giants eat? Fee Fi Fo Fum, grind your bones to make.. bread? [Sighs and walks away.]
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:28 am

I still urge you to take my idea into consideration.
If you think players will abuse a momentary sanctuary you can add a timelock for the duration of the effect that will disable transition.
At the current state it's more abusable. Leaving a mob on a trans or even just a summon. Not even talking about presistant AoEs.
Second, if you happen to get into a situation where you have to escape a cave, for example, the chasing mob will appear in front of you when you exit even if it was somewhat far from you and just whack you dead before you react.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High lvl things on trans   High lvl things on trans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High lvl things on trans
Page 1 of 1