Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army

Go down 
+2
J. Persinne
SteelCat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCat

SteelCat

Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Empty
PostSubject: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 am

Is it possible for the "Like/Dislike" status to stay forever after you change to it?

Let's leave the "you-have-to-RP-your-way-into-knowing-that-the-person-standing-infront-of-you-is-actually-from-the-enemy-army-and-you-need-to-kill-them" nonsense for now. I have identified someone from the enemy and I would like to kill them right away from now on.

So now every time I log in i check for newly logged people that I know for sure are from the enemy army and I set them on hostile.
Can this process be automated so setting them once is enough?
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 am

Faction hostiling commands are on this weekend's to do list. I will look into the possibility of a single target permanent dislike as well.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:30 am

*grabs his five plums and runs back to axfell*Damn! Everybody started believing me! haha
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 am

It's easy for you cleavens tho, only 5-6 pers you need to put on hostile Razz
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:41 am

Well, good for you no? At least if you're pointing at the numbers - When you "triumphantly" return from an assault and can claim that even though greatly outnumbered, still managed to win the battle. :-)
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Yepp, we Axfells can fight even in low numbers. *Hides behinde Puri and Shalli pointing staff towards Cleavens*
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Argh, this hostile system is poo, if another faction member hits you they should so turn hostile, auto.

Sucks to get knocked down or sneaked upon, then you have to search for that person in player list and put em on hostile, a melee dosent need to do that, they can still attack you.
And clearly cleavens like to take advatage of this.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 pm

The idea was to promote more RP. Instead of people doing exactly what they're doing now and KD'ing you without RP Smoky. Though it does cause some problems mechanically in PvP which is why wer'e working on some like / dislike functions at the moment, bear with us!

In regards to red deading:

If I, or any other DM is on the client and happens to see some cross faction roleplay - where there could have simply been red-deading, even if it was a short piece of roleplay and the encounter ended in PvP anyway, everyone involved in that roleplay will be rewarded heavily.

Now I know people can build up reputations as big nasty murderers and whatnot, but it still doesnt hurt to make sure someone is who they are. You cannot simply judge someone because you have met them before as clothes and appearances change - not to mention most people wear helmets outside of their fort - plus everyone is so laden with enchantments you cant tell if someone is male or female half the time, let alone who they are. So I'm not quite sure how you can RP identify someone without a slight bit of investigation.

We all enjoy alittle PvP - but it doesnt hurt to be curteous and RP before you fight. At the least it makes the 'enemy' player feel alot less hard done by. Alittle, "Hey... I recognise you... AXFELL!" - with a slight pause to have them type something back before you attack would be excellent.

Of course, if a player abuses this 'pause for rp' (by using the oppertunity to attack you first or run away) by all means red-dead them in the future. Just dont assume that everyone is going to be like that, since the majority of people would gladly indulge in the RP and would appreciate it alot more, regardless of whether they ended up dying soon afterwards.

Another thing I'd like to see more use of is the subdual fuction. It could be extremely valuable to anyone who likes to PvP and RP. (You could take prisoners and ransom them and things!)

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm off to bed soon, g'nighty!
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Thonil wrote:
You cannot simply judge someone because you have met them before as clothes and appearances change - not to mention most people wear helmets outside of their fort - plus everyone is so laden with enchantments you cant tell if someone is male or female half the time, let alone who they are. So I'm not quite sure how you can RP identify someone without a slight bit of investigation.

How about if they walk around with a huge flaming balor as a pet...? Would that be enough to say they're trouble? Laughing
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Not if it's a good balor.

[Rolls bluff check for seeming serious.]
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:10 pm

haha, very good point.

back at Genesis, my dwarven 38cleric/2monk with death domain had Epic pit balor...and she was a cleaven.
I can tell you, guy looked pretty scary. So watchout for judging people due to their summons!
(can't wait to get myself a succubi muhaha)
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm

[Succeeded at bluff, apparently.]

It's a bit off the topic, but I'm going to take special pleasure in adding a new good-aligned version of that death domain summon when I have the time to. While I know that technically it's just an outsider, something about "Summoned Epic Pit Balor" doesn't feel right to me, flavor-wise, for a good-aligned cleric.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 am

Hey, I'm not saying that you cant generally know someone is bad-news - if they're walking around screaming about talos being all-mighty and zapping everything they can see, then my odds are your average paladin would try and put a stop to it right away.

All I'm asking is you throw a few words back and forth before you do, or if you're in an attack first ask questions later mood, use subdual (You can always kill them after you've knocked them out and rp'd if you really want too). It just makes players feel alot more appreciated, instead of feeling like a chunk of xp to the other faction.
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:01 am

Heh, balor or not, first time in the forest i didnt have a pet at all.

And i had the balor on stay on seris, didnt move one bit untill you attacked me, even Corben tried to speak with me, and you attacked ^^
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:48 am

Bad!

Lets stop it right here or it will turn into the "'BUT I ONLY KILLED U ON SIGHT COS U DID IT TO ME' 'NO U' 'NO U'" age old argument.

No pointing fingers! Clean slate from here, alright?

... Now go to your rooms and think about what you've done.... Ah. I love making myself laugh, sad as it is Wink.
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Thonil wrote:
You cannot simply judge someone because you have met them before as clothes and appearances change - not to mention most people wear helmets outside of their fort - plus everyone is so laden with enchantments you cant tell if someone is male or female half the time, let alone who they are. So I'm not quite sure how you can RP identify someone without a slight bit of investigation.

Also... The "Real life" RP you are talking about would require you stripping off character names from above their heads so they don't appear on your HUD... Now try doing anything with that. Chaos and headaches for everyone! Nothing is certain, even a harmless badger could be an enemy spy! Yay! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cog

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:31 am

Mmm that would be fun, and to be recognized you would have to take your helmet off or just have distincitvely customized armor, maybe even a description in your bio, ah yes that would be nice...
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 am

*reminds of time when Guli Found Oggot in the Ogre cave on Seris*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army   Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto Like/Dislike towards enemy army
Page 1 of 1