Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crypts in Northlands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Crypts in Northlands Empty
PostSubject: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Could some puzzle be added into the third level of crypts? or perhaps somehow change the area, because frankly, people just run towards the chests, and don't bother with the rest of the area, which is a bit shame...

Also, the spawning system in the crypts is -odd-.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Rugnarie wrote:
Also, the spawning system in the crypts is -odd-.
Eheh, yeah, I know. It used to be a little more sensible, but it was pushed into nonsense land when we made a general change to spawns elsewhere.

We'll bring this one back into the realm of "making some sort of sense" soon.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:14 am

*reads his 5days old post*Heh, apparently I am a hypocrite.
Several days ago, it was pointed out to me, that it ain't cool to run to third level of crypts and clear second and first floor on way back.
So I had to admit it ain't cool, and started going floor by floor.

Today it was pointed out to me, that I am supposed to kill -all- the mobs in the third level in the whole area. Back in time, when there used to be a switch, it made sense to go the other direction...but right now, spend 10minutes by going other way for +-80xp....It doesn't encourage people to run there at all....

I think, that easiest solution to this problem would be to change the path to the chests - I mean there would be no other "second"way to go as it is now, but only one path, so you would have to kill -all- the mobs on the way.

I think it's worth mentioning Wink
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:25 am

What i was going on about there -at- the time was that two groups where down there at the same time. Ridfel and Corben took the long road to actually clear everything before going towards the boss and to their rewards in the chest, whilst Johann bashed the quickest route through to get to the chest and the boss ~ Wich in my mind does not sound right.

I personally think, if you are going for the reward at the end of an area, you should work for it and kill off everything that is about in that particular area. Not only because its how its supposed to be, but also because it creates unessesary lag when spawning so many mobs over and over again, this is not just one time occurance, i see this alot from quite a few players. Tell me about -any- roleplaying game where you can reap the rewards for almost no work at all? I doubt such a game exists.
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:01 am

I'm a little confused by the last two posts, but here goes:
The stairs down in the Fort Crypts were changed so parties of varying levels (11, 16 and 22) could go to their respective levels without disturbing those wanting to head down further or stay up on the ground floor.

Most of the newer areas have been redesigned so you do 'see' all the mobs in the area before you hit the boss. Those areas are still the same old ones, and people tend to run/kill in a direct route towards the boss. It sounds to me like Rugnarie didn't even see this other party on his way through the area. Just sounds like bad/unlucky circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 am

Yeah...Seen the first floor wiped, second same, so continued to third...killed some things in my way and headed towards the chests...
THought it was already wiped , but still checked out
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:44 am

People tend to run a diect route towards the chest ~ Wich is what i pesonally dislike. But alright, since there are two routes in the crypts last floor i can kind of understand the mentality of running straight to the end. I however did miss one thing and i was under the impression he knew that the other party was there and was racing them to the chest, this was not the case and as such my complaint is not really valid. Many apologies to Ruggy.

What i was going on about in my second part of that post was that this does not only happen there, but in oh so many other places on the server and, none of these places have two paths to take. In most cases they just invis, greater sanct or sneak their way past anything that comes upon them until the end, where they take the chest. This is what i strongly dislike.
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:13 am

I still thinkthere should be only one path in the final floor of crypt so there can't be any more misunderstandings like this, and basically give players the reason why to kill all the things in the area.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:44 am

Agreed 100% Frostie

Rugnarie wrote:
I still thinkthere should be only one path in the final floor of crypt so there can't be any more misunderstandings like this, and basically give players the reason why to kill all the things in the area.

Yeah I never understood the steamworks areas anyway. They'll be revamped sooner or later... Into... Crypts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crypts in Northlands   Crypts in Northlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crypts in Northlands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: