Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Save Boosts

Go down 
+4
DeathWarding420
Rugnarie
Smoky
fatheadsam
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fatheadsam

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:20 am

Wow, many many things seem to have picked up some condors-style will ammies recently

I noticed it first on the death magic, which now many things went from having to roll high teens against my focussed school to having to roll 1-3 to lose.

That seems like an excessive bump to me, especially on things that aren't really will based eg: critters in the woods.

If you wanna make their death saves higher that would be fine, but to squash all the will based magic seems kinda lousy.

It makes my DC caster have to play as a multi-classed low DC nincumpoop to be effective

*inserts a pout between his whines*

Sad
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:05 am

Yeah, noticed the animals getting stronger, among other creatures, but it wasent just there dc.s that was put up. didnt there ab got a bump to? Or do we hate casters so much in here? Razz

The animals in the wood dosent have a problem hitting my undead now....kinda blows.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:14 am

Yea, noticed that too...
I was surprised that ogre berserker had almost same will save than myself Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathWarding420

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 am

Yes, I've notice the changes in the DC's aswell. I beleive it was all done intentionally, perhaps people were storming through creatures effortless'ly.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 am

Quote :
Or do we hate casters so much in here?

I don't get why this keeps being hinted at. Having done the 4-20 grind three times over now with different non-casters, I've always had to rely on casters to gain fast experience points. With a feat (Dragon Knight/Mummy Dust) a caster can create a NPC to fill in for its melee weakness; a warrior can't conjure up a caster to do AoE damage to complement its weakness/slowness. If NPC saves were boosted too much, it may be a bad thing worth bringing up but since it was done to mobs, it has no bearing on PvP whatsoever unless Dominate Monster/Animal Empathy is a factor - which it rarely is. So casters are not nerfed with respect to the core aspect of this server just because bears are harder to stun/daze/instakill.

Sorry for the off-topic. Having no spellcasters of my own I can't really comment anything useful here, either.
Back to top Go down
fatheadsam

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 am

Lollypop Guildmaster wrote:
it has no bearing on PvP whatsoever unless Dominate Monster/Animal Empathy is a factor - which it rarely is.

This is true but that is not the only thing to do about is it?

Again I enjoy a difficult and dynamic environment, but would like to be able to play effectively as a caster of diverse spells when fighting monsters that aren't effortless to me at times.
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:50 pm

I sayed that becouse i did notice the change, but a melee char i spoke to didnt notice anything, thats why.

And need to daze, instakill or stun them, or have something to tank em, else i am toast, knockdown you know.
I wont bother with them anymore, simple as that, i just go to other areas where i can have my summon tank, or myself instakill, daze or stun the mobs. Before my balor could beat an entire area alone Razz Kinda OP yes i know, but now it can barley beat 2 animals before it dies.

I play most in party tho, but it's nice to have an area you can beat on your own now and then aswell.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Just to clarify it was intentional. In the 20+ areas we're moving away from the previous "every stat is amazing" or "this creature is xp roadkill" and more towards giving creatures some weaknesses as well as strengths. And in the case of the 'Ancient' animals in the Grand Forest, this was boosting their will slightly. They still have two weaknesses, one which ranged/melee can target and another that casters can target. I think most of you were use to being able to head into the forest at level 15-19 when these creatures would have been rated impossible CR - they're level 24ish.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Heh. This is how combat was about a week ago:

Fighter: OMG, these mobs are hard, guys! I've had to invis and reheal three times! I just nearly died!
Cleric: Combat? Ha. I just cast my second level spell and these creatures ten levels above me are stunned into submission!
Battlemage: LOL, you guys are both noobs. I just round up every mob in the area while deflecting their blows with my enormous AC, and then I cast a single spell and they all die instantly.
Fighter + Cleric: Shocked
Back to top Go down
fatheadsam

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Ok... one more gripe then I'll just live with it till I get frustrated by it again

Fighting things (namely lizards) on the way to Darans. The warriors have a huge will save. They are rated overpowering to me CR-wise. They have to roll a 1 to lose to my epic school focussed spells...

Of which I have a limited amount, and had to prepare before(fighters attacks don't deplete, shifters have unlimited spells)

My casting ability is maxed and I have taken all epic feats available to me to pump it besides the epic school focus

I can understand a casting class having that, or even a bard buffed fighter potentially... but it seems a bit silly that they should have it innately because I sacrificed a lot of versatility to be able to use my spells. Just want to have them be effective a bit, not just when things roll 1's

Guess I can just go back to using the same old battle mage spells without all their AC and can't heal and am missing the skill dump

I know that PvE is different than PvP and that some classes will be able to pwn on it more than others

But the reality is all the classes have different strengths and weaknesses. You level where it works best for you or travel in a party. This save bump crushes my strengths but my weaknesses are still present. The end result is that I need to play like something I'm not and be less effective than if I was that thing.
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Are you a battlemage? Have you tried attacking other saves besides will? Have you tried using bigbies, cause as I recall lizards have crap for discipline and concentration? Or are you using like, one simple crappy spell, as a non-DC mage, and whining that it never works? I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
fatheadsam

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 am

Whats the equivilent of RTFM for read the posts in the thread??

I'm a DC mage being forced to play as a battle mage bub

Things that are 3 levels above me as mellee classes had their will saves enormously improved and as a result my level 9 spells in the school of my epic focus they gotta roll like a 3 or 4 to loose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will Save Boosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Save Boosts   Will Save Boosts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Save Boosts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Feedback-
Jump to: