Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holidays/vacations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 pm

So people,

are you returning or what? Because Exodus right now is becoming the Genesis in its end...people just afk. Within this week I have been playing with 1-3people max...
If it's gonna be like this from now on, tell me in advance.
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Leave it to the dwarf to be the impatient one. Rolling Eyes

Give it time, I know at least 3 prominent staff members are out of action. Month or two could see some improvement. Just keep chugging. If you wanna help, you can add Tim to your party and I'll park him in the barracks and let you turn in all the magic nuts you want to level him faster while I'm at work! Wink
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 pm

I find that we have much less of an AFK crowd than Genesis did (and does, for that matter). During European (and similar) hours we'll have 10-11 people running around and playing while Tim sits in the barracks.

Later in the day (for me), all of those folks log off and then a couple players from the USA/Canada will log on. And they idle.

This is fine by me, because it gives me more of an incentive to do things other than play the game, though I'm of the understanding that these hours can be pretty depressing for others.

But summer hasn't ended yet, and every server is quiet around this time of year. Heck, we're even very light on active staff members at the moment. For this week alone Aethra, Thonil, Dalskap, and Cryptic are all out.

Now, given the above I could tell you that it's all sunshine and rainbows on the other end of the tunnel, but to be honest, I don't know what's on the other end. I can tell you that we had more active players yesterday than we've had for a few weeks (though, by contrast, today is a quieter one). I can tell you that I've been seeing more of new and returning players. I can tell you that I've played with a great variety of people during just this week. But I can't tell you that magically everything is going to get better in a few weeks and that we're going to live in a wonderful Utopia where we get everything we want (and somehow manage to be happy while everyone else is getting what they want, at that).

Because that would be lying, as I simply don't know. Because, ultimately, a server's population is governed by its players (who, in turn, tend to make their decisions based on a number of contributing factors). As for my part, I intend to continue to do what I can to invite and involve new players, and to make things fun for those who are sticking it out until the summer ends. But, frankly, I'm not sure what more you expected to get out of this topic; perhaps you'll receive some encouragement or a healthy dose of pessimism from the following posts (who knows?), but that aside, no one can speak for the community as a whole, and those that currently aren't active/checking these forums are unlikely to read this topic just to tell you that they aren't active/checking these forums.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 am

Well. At least I got replies. :-)
It's just a bit frustrating, because eventually you run out of ideas what to chat about with one single character during the 6hours every day...
...And when you have some really nice ideas, you can't even get them realized because there aren't DMs.

But yeh...forgot that travelling and stuff doesn't end for people after first month :-)
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:19 am

Okay, yeah, I can sympathize with that.

Some days I'll log on and interact with a dozen or more players, and I'll have a lot of fun with little downtime and little boredom. Other days are a bit slower, and then I do tend to get pretty bored. It is fairly frustrating when that happens, but I find it helps to give things a brief good faith effort, and then turn my attention elsewhere if nothing comes of it. After all, it's only a game. There's no sense in playing it if I'm not enjoying it.

I'm pretty optimistic for the future, but I recognize that things can seem a bit gloomy when you're trying to find something to do and there are only one or two players to take you up on it. Sometimes it happens. It is definitely a downer.

My advice to you is that if you're generally not enjoying yourself at the moment, though, to take a break. It can only help, and when you return things will seem a bit more fresh. You'll likely even find that you have a greater tolerance for the worst of times.

And if you have any ideas that you'd like to see realized that involve making things more fun for other players, go ahead and drop me a PM. I'm not going to lie and tell you that we'll make them happen right away, as many of us (the staff) are out at the moment so things can only go slowly from our end; however, it can't hurt to discuss ideas and see what comes of them, and I will always do what I can.
Back to top Go down
Drowess-

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:25 pm

I'll be coming back very soon Smile I've been away due to renovations at the house and also playing Humans Versus Zombies at university Razz (My legs are still sore)

I'm moving my PC out of the renovation room this afternoon, so I should be back on then!
Back to top Go down
tanis

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:44 pm

iv just got back yesterday from 2 months of 0 conection with my cp and it is *cheks clock* apromexetly 6:43 here in poland, im geting back active at about 12 my time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holidays/vacations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holidays/vacations   Holidays/vacations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holidays/vacations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: