Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Computer vs Game console

Go down 
5 posters

Whats beter PC or Game consoles
MY C0mput3r RULEZZZZZ TEH WORLD
Computer vs Game console I_vote_lcap0%Computer vs Game console Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
PS3 (or any other PS) IS AWZOME
 0% [ 0 ]
XBOX360 is meh choise
 0% [ 0 ]
I like both
Computer vs Game console I_vote_lcap17%Computer vs Game console Empty
 17% [ 1 ]
I hate video games
Computer vs Game console I_vote_lcap17%Computer vs Game console Empty
 17% [ 1 ]
you fail at life dont make stupid polls like that
Computer vs Game console I_vote_lcap66%Computer vs Game console Empty
 66% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
tanis

Computer vs Game console Empty
PostSubject: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:39 am

I really want to know what you people think about it. I my self am a long time Pc user and dislike consoles but i know many people like things like PS3 and so on, here are the +s and -s of the both iv gathered
Consoles:
Harder to play "camper" game style, meaning extreamly presise shoting and good aiming
Lets face it wehn your playing with 2 joysticks its very hard to look around, its fixed when your using 1
Games are quait expensive
Get the sequals of some games and not the original versions
+s:
Cheaper on the long run
No wey of geting a virus
Has more games then PC
and for some people Beter to walk around with joystick then with WSAD (witch i find ridiculus)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-s of PC:
very Expensive if you want to be able to buy the newer games
often dosent get sequals
you have to buy new things for your computer evry few months or so (like graphick cards and memory)
less games
Piratsy, cheaters and hakers on multi player games
gets Viruses -.-
you need a good mouse and key board to play for a few hours and still be comfterble
+s:
Easy to play with both moving around not aiming style and "camper" style
HAS TONS OF HOT KEYS!!!!!!!!(it makes life a lot simpeler when you can hot-key both your potions and High-potions near eachother and not have to open your inventory evry few seconds really)
ITS EVRYTHING IN ONE!!!!!!!(Tv,Radion, news gaset, video game console, dvd and so on)
you can read books on it >.> <,<

well i wane see what yor opinion
Back to top Go down
tanis

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:39 am

oh forgot talk about it butn dont murder the other people or me PLEASE!!!!
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Actually as i said in the other thread, Playstation 3 has something thats better than keyboard and mouse. Its made for FPS games and precise shooting. Also you can plug in a mouse and keyboard into the console itself, though i've never felt like i needed it.

Also i can use the controls to the ps3 to do precise shooting as well, one just needs to get used to it but the other control offers as precise as a keyboard and mouse and i know a whole lot of people using this in Killzone 2 these days.

To say that console games are cheaper in the long run is rather.. well not true. If you do have a good computer alredy the games to the pc is about half the prize of some of the Ps3 games. And buying new things for the computer every few months? is also not true ~Chuckles~ If you build a good solid system on your own then you really dont have to upgrade for a few years atleast.

Also you can watch movies, you can play games, you can read books, surf the net, listen to music on a ps3 also. Everything is on the net =P

The thing comes down to what you really like the most, i like console games but i usually prefer PC ones. These days to play a ps3 game to its fullest extent you need a HD tv. Wich is why i'd rather play fallout 3 on my computer, it looks so much better on it Smile I could go on and on about these things but it comes down to what you like the most, none is better than the other since both these items are made for diffrent things, PC is not made for gaming only... Consoles are Smile
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
tanis

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 pm

axely Ps3 is much cheeper on the longer one but well i can give you a exemple (note this is polish money, in poland, so besekly elektroniks are kind of more expenisive):
A not so up to date but still rather good (AWSOME) Computer= more or less 2500 zlotych (polish money)(thats Geforce 8800gtx, core 2 duo 2.4 gb, about 900 Gb memory and some other stuff i dont remember)
a monitor HD more/less 24 CM= about 500 zlotych ( axely weit take make the 500, 300 zlotych my dad both a big monitor because he wated tp have a TV card in are PC so its a bit too big/expensive)
1 game= 100 zlotych
1 older game=60-80 zlotych

Ps3 with contorler and EVRYTHING ALS= aboud 1200 zlotych
games= more or less 200 zlotych for 1

ill proboly have to buy a new graphick card some more memory and a beter core 2 duo more or less a month after Dragon age origins comes out meaning a nother 500-800 zlotych to go seaing my CP has 3 years allredy >.>

also PS3 runs with games for PS2 and 1 with are realy more then 50 zlotych a peace

so i guess as far as where i am now its wey cheeper to own a consle, id proboly have 1 but i aint got a TV >.>
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Wrong wrong, sadly the backwards compability with the ps3 does not work. You cant play PS2 and Ps1 games on it anymore. They cannot make it do as such for some reason, i have all 3 consoles. And i could say so much more but im too tired at the moment, if i knew how much that was in dollars i could do an estimate. Computers costs more yes.. but in the long run, they are worth more.. Remember, a new console comes out evey 3-4 years also and then you have to upgrade...
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:31 pm

There is no poll option for "All your base are belong to us" ..So I went with the other obvious one.
Back to top Go down
Cog

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:45 pm

I like to consider the 'couch' factor ^.^

But in all honesty I spent alot of time with Diablo 2 on pc, Gunbound Razz, NWN (of course), , and *cough* everquest

And alot of time with Final Fantasies, tons of other rpgs, Halos, CoD:MW ect ect ect on consoles (PS1/PS2/XBOX360)

Never was a graphics kind of person, a good game was a good game with or without good graphics so all in all I have enjoyed both styles to an extended degree, but console gaming is just simply a more relaxed, simpler, easier, and more enjoyable gaming experience to me.

Never really liked the constant upgrading, maintenance, why god why is my graphics card not supported, where is the driver for that, my powersupply died argh, damn you popups, not now antivirus, did that guy just glitch through a wall, Noo dont overheat, it will be ok drama that seems to go with pc gaming...
Back to top Go down
tanis

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:13 pm

wow im like stoned on tea at the moment ill reply when it finely comes to me the the talking flower following me around is really my dog
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:38 pm

I prefer consoles.

Here's why:

Playstation 3, or Xbox 360 is currently $300. (Using American, obviously.)
Games max out at $60 each.
Console lifetime is usually 5 years. However, both Sony and Microsoft have said they are trying to follow the model set by the Playstation 2 and make the life of the current gen systems 10 years. Let's average and say that the PS3/360 will last you 7.5 years.

A good PC here will set you back at least twice as much as the console. And it will get you half as far. I'm looking at replacing my desktop with a quad core that has 8 GB of ram and a mediocre graphics card (to be replaced by my Nvidia 9500GT 1GB model) for around $700. This quite high end, but not exactly top of the line for more than twice the price of a brand new, fully loaded console.
As far as games go, most are slightly cheaper. $50 per for brand new ones. However, when CoD:MW2 drops, the price for both a console and a PC version of the game will be $60. I'm sorry for being redundant and using that as my example, but it's the best near future example, and it's something most everyone knows about. And you also have to take into consideration that, since we're assuming an average 7.5 year lifespan on the console, you'll have to upgrade in at most 5 years, costing you a few hundred more. I know my current unit cost me $2500 5 years ago when I bought it, I've sunk probably another $400 into upgrades, and now, with the exception of the graphics card which I just got 3 months ago, it's quite outdated.

Then, like Cog said, there's the couch factor. You just can't really use a keyboard and mouse and lay on a couch with them. Not effectively at least. Perhaps you could get by on MMO or RPG style games, such as WoW or NWN... but a shooter would be insane. A controller is perfect for lounging. Which is what most of us are doing when we play games, right? Relaxing?

As far as a control issue, I think once you get used to a controller, you can be perfectly accurate. You just have to get used to it. And you also get a computerized crutch known as auto-aim, which sometimes isn't so much a crutch as a curse. (So many times I line up a shot and some other guy runs in front and jerks my scope away from where it needs to be...) But, having just played about 3-4 hours of CoD4 on Xbox Live, and done quite well using my "awkward" two analog sticks, I feel like it's just an adjustment issue. Plus, if you feel that you can't move and react as fast, just turn up your look sensitivity. I am fairly certain on maxed out sensitivity, at least with Halo 3 (the only one I use high sensitivity for), you can change directions and aim almost if not just as fast as a mouse.

Then there's also the moving issue. I can sure as hell shoot more accurately with a mouse, but I move around much more easily with two analog sticks. That may just be from my time on consoles, I have a better feel for them.

Anyways, I started writing before I started CoD... now I feel my train of thought has been derailed. Funny how no matter the platform, games will do that lol.

EDIT: I remembered something else! RTS's will never ever ever be as good on a console as they are on a PC. I mean, don't get me wrong. Halo Wars comes really close to being really good. But it's no Starcraft, or Supreme Commander, or Warcraft, or any of the 37 C&C games. RTS's I'll always go to PC for. Also, MMO style gameplay is also much easier with the hotkeys of a PC. Sacred 2 on console did a fairly decent job in having your diamond keys be your 4 quickslots, and offering 4 more per trigger button on the controller for a total of (5*4) 20 hotkeys. Not quite the 36 we get from good ol' NWN, but not horrible for a console. And for Dragon Age Origins... more than likely getting the PC version personally. Depends on if any of my friends want to buy it and what version they go for lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer vs Game console   Computer vs Game console Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer vs Game console
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: