Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deathlogging and you.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rann Cora

Deathlogging and you. Empty
PostSubject: Deathlogging and you.   Deathlogging and you. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Deathlogging. It's a favorite pastime of many. It's annoyed many a player in pvp, and saved many a life in... well anything. The question is, is it... legal? Is it... ok? Personally, I find it to be... well, very annoying. Usually when I die, or lose a fight, I'm not scrambling for the escape key trying to survive. I'm either scrambling for a heal or the stealth button or something that might give me a chance to survive. And if there is no survival, I man up and die with as much dignity as possible. The argument could be made that it doesn't hurt anyone in pvm. And that argument would be correct. But the fact remains, that it is extremely irritating to bust your ass to stave off an enemy assault force going up against a character you SHOULDN'T be victorious against, then catch that character in a state of vulnerability and have a brief taste of victory... only to have it taken away by the words "_______ has left as a player..." And to make it even more irritating, said person logs back in... probably to claim "I crashed"... and when you are still camping for him, immediately logs back out and solidifies his characters place in the mystical plane of "offline."

But now, the question becomes... do we punish for this? Do we care? Is it -really- that big of a deal? These questions I do not have an answer to. But what I -do- know, is that the scene of the crime is marked by roughly six bags worth of traps so should the offender log back on before reset, he will meet certain doom upon trying to move... well anywhere. Ethical? Perhaps not. Justified? Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Deathlogging and you.   Deathlogging and you. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Rann Cora wrote:
The question is, is it... legal?
No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

PostSubject: Re: Deathlogging and you.   Deathlogging and you. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:28 pm

/update

The offender took his death like a man in the end.

/endupdate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Deathlogging and you.   Deathlogging and you. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 am

Yes, it sucks...Haven't seen it happening for quite some time though.

I have to say, crashing happens....I bought new machine with pretty good graphics and everything...But apparently it's not enough to handle Jumping off the walls and hellballing self....

I think you can recognize real crashing, by character standing on a spot doing nothing for like 20seconds...(if (s)he manages to stay alive that long)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Deathlogging and you.   Deathlogging and you. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:45 am

I deathlog all the time, just in Ranzington. Suckit.

Deathlogging and you. Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathlogging and you.   Deathlogging and you. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deathlogging and you.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: