Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tileset vs Pathing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMothMan

Tileset vs Pathing Empty
PostSubject: Tileset vs Pathing   Tileset vs Pathing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:53 am

Hey.

So I've noticed that some tileset mess up the NPC's pathing (movement).
Try moving up Suman Mountain or clear out Orc Encampment with a Summon - it's hopeless.
They get stuck at every corner! Sad

I guess there isn't much to do as far as changing the pathing AI and I suppose the tilesets themselves cannot be fixed.
But prehaps some static placeables could be placed along the edges where they get stuck the most?
Kinda like how we placed spikes around the gatewalls to avoid PC's "jumping" up by mistake.

I think that might solve the issue.

Let me illustrate;

The NPC's get stuck at these kinds of corners:
Tileset vs Pathing Problem
This is a typical corner where they get stuck and you have to run back, situate yourself in another angle and then tell them to follow you to get them "lose".

I think the way to handle this is to prevent the NPC from reaching that spot where they get stuck, but putting placeables in the way.

This might work to fool the AI to circumvent the place where they get stuck. More suiting placeables might be in order:
Tileset vs Pathing Noproblem
Prehaps a job for the beautification team or whatever it was called.

Now obviously there is no need to fix every single corner in these tilesets, but prehaps atleast along the obvious path.

Cheers!

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Tileset vs Pathing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tileset vs Pathing   Tileset vs Pathing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 am

Yeeeeeah, this little "issue" with that tileset has always annoyed me.

Consider it added to the "to do" list (with the caveat that it'll take a while to get around to, unless one of the other builders decides to take a crack at it).
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

Tileset vs Pathing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tileset vs Pathing   Tileset vs Pathing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 am

The red plant placeable used in the example is one of the things my skeletons get stuck on all the time. I don't think it'll help to put more.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Tileset vs Pathing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tileset vs Pathing   Tileset vs Pathing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:49 am

AI has problems pathing around placeables anyway, so it wouldnt paticularly help matters.

Their will be a 'Come hither' function introduced at some point, to summon stuff to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tileset vs Pathing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tileset vs Pathing   Tileset vs Pathing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tileset vs Pathing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: