Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Itch...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:28 am

Anyone else randomly just get the urge to play NWN out of the blue and for no good reason? It came out of nowhere while working at Gamestop today... co worker started talking about WoW and of course, seeing as I never bothered with WoW, I thought of NWN and immediately wanted to play again. I mean, I have all these shiny games on my PS3 and Xbox 360... and Starcraft 2... and DA:O... but I just want to play NWN again... yay timelessness!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm having an on-off spurt on Amia at the moment!

NWN is timeless because of a lack of a successor, well, one that's worthy hehe

The Itch... Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J. Persinne
Staff

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh, definitely. I woke up this morning with a pronounced desire to smite some Cleavens. But alas.

It's true that NwN has never had a real successor. NwN2 came close--but not quite close enough.

So, I've been meaning to to check out Amia for some time now. I even conscripted a friend! It'd be awesome to see some familiar faces there.

That said, I've been quite preoccupied with school, so it might take a while for me to get around to it. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:53 am

I was beginning to think that no one bothered to check these anymore lol... but good to see some reply. Amia does seem to be the only server with anyone on it nowadays. I might pop on it sometime... work is about to get crazy, starting with Medal of Honor today. Gotta love retail during the holidays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rabidus

Rabidus

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 am

i usualy check from time to time, jus to see if here is ever a "yeah lets throw the mod back up again!" post anywhere =D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
constrainer

constrainer

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:15 pm

I got that itch as well and finally got a new PC. I was hoping to login and find that you guys had found a worthy successor by now. If you guys are on Amia I will look for my NWN cds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

I have yet to pop in to amia... but I will one day. Force Unleashed 2 and Fable 3 are keeping me away. Well, I guess mostly Fable as I already beat FU2. Stupid 5 hour games...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
constrainer

constrainer

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Lets plan a date and time to all log on. I don't care if its a month away. Any people who have played there have any fun RP ideas for a group?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 am

Heh, funny.
I was having a beer after a lunch, and I was thinking what I'm gonna do by X-mas and holidays...
How about X-mas Anphillia? You know....pvp, some rp... :-)

I am playing Amia from time to time too...but not really that much lately, as I discovered the beauty of League of Legends.
Though I am swamped with school and work aswell, so these days, not even LoL.

Gotta love my posts without a head or a heel eh :-)

Anyway, in one sentence, I am in. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMothMan

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:03 am

I got an itch too the other day and started to think about putting up a mod.
Dreams about NWN (and King Louis from the Jungle book, but that's for another topic) has been "plaguing" me for some time now.

It would be fun to have a server again, honestly, but also very timeconsuming.
There could be a way around this however;

I got an Anphillia Lite MOD laying around - A sorta less-is-more version of Genesis.
With a 'few' minor tweaks and a update to CEP 2.3 it should be a nice option to see if more got the itch.

The "less-is-more" here means no added stuff, only changed to existing spells/stats/abilities/feats and so on.

Futhermore, if I was to undertake this endeavour, my role would be very much in the background.
Modding, scripting, fixing bugs etc.
I have no interest in playing, DMing, solving personal issue or any sort of drama - I'm way past that now in my life.

As it stands now, the things that need to be done on the lite MOD are;
Update to CEP 2.3
Change 2da's
Find and add a Crafting System (since ATS certainly doesnt fit into any less-is-more policy).

As for a Crafting System, I'm really looking for one that uses both Skillpoint from Character Sheet and a separate pointsystem.
A system that messures the crafter skill with how much they worked (as ATS) but is capped by levels/skillpoint of the Character.
If anyone know of such a system on NWNVault or whatever, lemme know.
I have no real will to make on from scratch.

Another issue is finding someone willing to host the MOD whom can provide as close as possible to 24/7 uptime.
This is harder than it sounds.

Anyways, ask around and check if there are many whom are interested in playing again.

Cheers!

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rabidus

Rabidus

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:29 am

Never realy looked at Amia, might have to have a look though if thats where everyone went

-Rab
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Amia is alright, however Thonil and I came to the conclusion the other day that only the surface is OK to play on. The Drow 'language' gets on your nerves after a while, as it is just replacing english words with one other every now and then... more annoying than immersing.

They have a fun RP-based 'Job System' which helps add some flavour to your character (that is justified).

You kinda need heaps of spare time to do anything there, though.

Something that you can play for short periods, like a Battle of the Dragon (BOTD) style game, would be cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:13 pm

All of us playing a BOTD once in awhile would be pretty cool. I've done that a few times with Ae and Darran I think... always good fun if there's still one up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J. Persinne
Staff

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:46 am

Sadly, I don't think there are any decent crafting systems on the vault. They're all pretty complicated. I was planning to script one up, eventually, but that got put aside for the sake of everything else on Exodus. At around the time we went down, revamping the spawns (both mobs and treasure!) was at the top of my to do list in order to curtail lag and expedite looting; we'd have ripped out the old systems in order to install new ones entirely, which would have taken some time. (And some testing. Likely a lot of player deaths would have been involved.)

Speaking of which, I really do need to get around to polishing the mod for release sometime. I might look into scripting a lightweight craft system then, but I doubt it. Working with raw C++ and/or C# seems far more appealing these days. I'd rather code up a game from scratch than work with the limitations of the NwN engine.

I'd love to see a decent Anphillia mod running, but honestly, I don't believe there's enough interest. It's a shame, but NwN is an aging game; it seems more prudent to join one of the servers that are running already. That said, if a popular one were to crop up, I'd check it out.

And if I were to check out Amia, it'd have to be a little more than a month from now when I have a bit of downtime. I wouldn't want to become too invested at the moment, lest my studies suffer (again!).

I'm also open to other, non-NwN suggestions, of course; I'll check in here from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
constrainer

constrainer

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 pm

J. Persinne wrote:

I'm also open to other, non-NwN suggestions, of course; I'll check in here from time to time.
I am as well.
Although I dislike the pay to play scheme Bioware's Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming out Q2 2011.

Does anyone play NWN2? I gave it a try when it first came out and hated it. Maybe it got better?

If there are really no other games out there that even remotely fill the shoes of NWN1 there has got to be a large group of people out there who feel the same as us. I wonder where we can find them? NWN1 forum is closed on the Bioware site.

Maybe we should start a demonstration mod! Fantasy creatures rise up and demand to be depicted in a worthy modern replacement for NWN!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:24 am

Quote :
I'd rather code up a game from scratch than work with the limitations of the NwN engine.

I found the solution! J will code up a magical new game just for us.

Hehe, if everyone wants to hop over to Amia it'd be cool. I'll stop using various absurdly named logins and stick to the original so you can find me.

NWN 2 has got better, I hear from Frosty, but I cant play it for 5 minutes without thinking of how much cooler this would be if it were NWN 1.

Speaking of BotD I could have a poke at it, make it alittle different from the previous style ones by adding neutral creeps and maybe some terrain bonuses, as well as more than one map etc - hell even different game modes. Could be fun!

The Itch... Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Most BotD mods I played had several maps.

Also...

http://www.playneverwinter.com/

Though I doubt it will be as good or as timeless as the original. But Cryptic Studios isn't too bad and they're making it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMothMan

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:58 am

J. Persinne wrote:
I'd rather code up a game from scratch than work with the limitations of the NwN engine.

Haha cute, that made my day.
You're such a joker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
constrainer

constrainer

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:09 pm

I play the lottery with this in mind.

Hmm I wonder how much a modern version of NWN (minus the single player campain) would cost to develop?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
constrainer

constrainer

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Have you guys seen this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 am

.... See: My post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
constrainer

constrainer

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:31 am

Ha I don't know how I missed that. Seems the sediment in many of the comments about this is bleak. People have no faith Cryptic can do it and on top of that they do not have a business model yet. I have not played any of cryptics previous games but it looks like they were not great in any way. D&D 4e rule set as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rann Cora

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:13 am

I did the beta for Champions Online. It is underrated; I actually enjoyed it. I totally would've played the crap out of it if it was free to play. It wasn't good enough for me to throw down $15/month. Then again, no subscription based game I have played has been worth me throwing down $15/month. At least until Old Republic finds its way to shelves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 am

Quote :
D&D 4e rule set as well.

Eww.

The Itch... Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J. Persinne
Staff

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 pm

It's not that I don't have faith in Cryptic to make a good game. It's that I don't have faith in Cryptic make a good Neverwinter Nights game.

It may well be entertaining, but it almost certainly won't be NwN v3.0.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

The Itch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Itch...   The Itch... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Itch...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: