Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anphillian Interest!

Go down 
+4
CJ_RULZ
J. Persinne
Rabidus
Thonil
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Anphillian Interest! Empty
PostSubject: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Hello everyone!

So, I've been told that Genesis is up and rocking - and it seems people are less busy with things and have a bit of time to play.

I've been asked by a few people if Exodus would be back up, but honestly, I'm not sure.

I'd be willing to continue to update the mod (Especially in regards to tweaking the new dungeon, which was very rushed [Sorry about that]) and I'm sure a few others of our team would lend a moment or two.

Obviously this is subject to popular opinion, it's silly going to the trouble of putting it up if no-one plays. So what do you think?

Feel free to ask any questions as well!

PS: You can skip the ramblings below if you've played Exodus before!

If you have played Genesis, but not Exodus, you'll notice a fair few differences between the modifications there and here. Leading to, overall, more balanced PvE and PvP.

In addition to this we have a number of new systems such as (But not limited to):

A Subdual System
Assault Laddering
Working Jails + Jail 'Assault' System (Now you can both imprison and rescue people)

If you're like many players, you may not care so much for these changes. You'll be pleased to know the RP aspect of the game is a much heavier focus for us than anything else. To encourage this the whole island has been re-designed making everything look much nicer, grander and give you a more immersive playing experience.

We are also set on rewarding RP in all it's forms to an extent that makes it a viable alternative to grinding for XP. As well as modifying and adding certain things based upon player activity.
Back to top Go down
Rabidus

Rabidus

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I for one would absolutely love this, but i agree that it isnt worth it unless there are enough people that think the same and want to play again.

Hopefuly there will be a good amount that come and reply to this thread and hopefuly we'll be back up and running, i miss this place lots!

(Also im 99% sure CJ would agree with me, i'll go throw things at him whilst he sleeps to get him up and to come post!)

-Rab
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 pm

I'd rather play here. Then again, I'm biased.
Back to top Go down
CJ_RULZ

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I would definitely play exodus if it goes back up.

Exodus > Genesis
Back to top Go down
Radoc Ca

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 pm

If this get active im willing to return here aswell, i will try do my part in keep it active also... But uintill it gets active i will prolly play on both servers.. I dont wanna give up on my things on genesis, without knowing if this will remain up and running. But if it do start run active and stays up. I Belive i would come here for good again.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:19 pm

I'd play as well but we do need a more stable playerbase than before if this is going to work, otherwise everyone is going to wait for others to log in and the server will remain at 0. If enough people are willing i'll put it up again of course, i have a far better server computer these days too.
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:49 am

I would willingly transfer my AFKing on genesis for AFKing on Exodus any day. Very Happy

It's a shame really that it wasn't Exodus that was put back up when the influx of players happened.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Anphillia Exodus is back online yet again! Its now hosted on a new and improved server, also, Bobby thought we all could use a fresh start on Exodus this time and thus i have not transferred any of our old characters into the servervault. It'll make things fresh and i dont have to deal with a humongous servervault where like 5% of the said accounts are active, however, those of you that do think this is a bad idea, speak up!
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm a little concerned that with two servers running (Exodus and Genesis), we won't have enough population on either of them.

I chatted with some of the folks on the Genesis server about what might be a better solution for all of us. I haven't hammered out all of the details yet, though. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:59 am

I'm also of the mind that Exodus = Genesis +1. I'd be willing to keep updating spell changes and whatever. Only thing I still think is that the XP boost was too high last time, making the so-called "balanced PvE" kind of irrelevant - and a dissentive for new players who might be intimidated to see a bunch of lvl 30+ and few people near the starting level. Whatever the solution, I hope it involves using the Exodus module!

Signed,
Tired of Having 8 Internet Tabs Open to Build for Genesis
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 am

The XP may well be scaled down a bit, but how much will be decided by the player base.

So get in while it's still hot!

However, I'm still going to reward RP alot higher, comparatively, than any grinding someone might do.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:52 pm

I hope you gonna evaluate suicides way higher than last time.
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:21 am

Another thing to look into to get things started here is the link to the overrides bundle. It says it's expired!
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:50 am

This XP is crazy (This is different to what we originally had? I don't remember it being this high), but I find myself not minding it as I don't have very long to actively play most of the time.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm

The XP scale is 7x (or perhaps a little more if we bumped it up with this new incarnation). While I like the faster pace, I've found it a little too much. It makes everything kind of lose it meaning. Lots of areas are never explored. People never really have the time to find themselves. And it's all too easy--inviting, even!--to make yet another new character once you've hit 40.

Genesis is now running 2.5x (or XP * 5 / 2 in script speak), which I feel is a fair balance. Still fast paced, but also plenty of time to explore. I'd love to see that here.

Granted, I'm not playing at the moment, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:36 pm

The majority will have to decide!

I don't particularly care if it's this, or lower - there are valid arguments to be made for both ends of the scale. It boils down to personal preference and how much time you have to play.
Back to top Go down
CJ_RULZ

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 am

Personally i think it should be higher then gensis atm maybe just half what it is now. Just my opinion.

I really miss my old characters Sad
Back to top Go down
silbador

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Hello,
I like the server as it is now, fast grow implies wars soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anphillian Interest!   Anphillian Interest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anphillian Interest!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: