Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dispelling Mobs

Go down 
+2
Thonil
bscomp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bscomp

bscomp

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:42 am

One thing that annoys me about Moths is the excessive amount of mobs that dispell. For all the high magic casters these mobs have, and the necessity of certain buffs as a result of this, to then give them the ability to despell is rather disheartening, especially for new players, or non-uber players, like myself.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:21 pm

I think moth changed how dispels work for NPC's.

I cant remember how and cant find the post he made about it - or maybe I'm just imagining the whole thing - I'm sure someone else will remember.

Bottom line he made NPC dispels much weaker than if a PC was dispelling, so it's not as terrible as it may first appear.

I can get on board with how annoying 'breaching' is though. G'damn grand druids, they shouldnt have mords for SO many reasons hehe. I expect these things will be sorted out in time, but if they arent when the module goes live feel free to point out which annoying mobs are spamming awesome-dispels / too many breaches. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chailie

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:46 pm

I did a search on the Genesis forums for information about the dispel but it was hard to find anything about NPCs! The only thing I did find is that Moth said NPC Dispel is a creature ability and capped at Caster Level 15, but I don't know if it was changed since he said that.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Yeah I think at one point every NPC was decreased to 1 caster level for dispels, but they -still- dispelled an awful lot. (possibly because of the excessive amount of dispels they could cast)
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:50 pm

It's really annoying that pretty much every area have someone or something that dispell or breach you....

OMG A NEW BORN!! And look how strong it's dispell aura shines.
Like a lot of creatures are given this spells when they are born, instead of milk.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Smoky wrote:
It's really annoying that pretty much every area have someone or something that dispell or breach you....

OMG A NEW BORN!! And look how strong it's dispell aura shines.
Like a lot of creatures are given this spells when they are born, instead of milk.
LOL
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Hahaha. I laughed. I agree it's kind of absurd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dispelling Mobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispelling Mobs   Dispelling Mobs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dispelling Mobs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Feedback-
Jump to: