Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More lag than expected

Go down 
+3
Rugnarie
J. Persinne
Cryptic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cryptic
Staff

More lag than expected Empty
PostSubject: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else has thought this, but lag seems a bit more of an issue than I first thought it would be. Maybe I've just been out of the game too long - I mean, the server runs lovely for the most part.

Basically, post here if you can think of any bad sources of lag. Me first:

When I activate barbarian rage, I seem to get a spike. It can be incredibly minor and I'm possibly imagining it, but I'm convinced my clicking rage has coincided with anything from barely noticeable things to 1-2 second lag spikes. Perhaps activating any ability causes this sort of strain, but I've not had the opportunity to test. Just a heads up - loving it so far!
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Hm, it's been smooth for me, though I've heard occasional reports of minor lag.

On the "to do" list for the next few days are a few optimizations that should improve server performance slightly. With any luck, corpse objects will also not be sticking around on the server by then (which is no doubt also a contributor to lag!)

Hopefully these minor hiccups will clear up for you after that. Wink
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 am

All right, I've played a bit more, and it's mostly smooth but there is the occasional lag spike.

Which tells me that there's a resource heavy script somewhere causing the problem.

There are a couple major culprits here, which I'll take a look at and review for optimization.

I'm fairly optimistic that things will improve after that's done.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:12 am

I just logged and yes, it's a bit laggy, but I guess that could be because of no reboot for....a half day?
Everything was fine before.
Back to top Go down
Dalsok
Staff

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:36 am

IT mitght also have something todo with the current DM online

The Creator list is so big, when he opens it it creates a small Lag spike.
So if a Dm have to open the creator, Know what you want so you dont have to open it several times...
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:04 am

Or Just keep it open Wink
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:26 am

Rugnarie wrote:
I just logged and yes, it's a bit laggy, but I guess that could be because of no reboot for....a half day?
Everything was fine before.

Indeed the lag this morning was because the server had not been rebooted for more than half a day actually Smile I cant stay awake 24/7 you know ~Chuckles~

Also if there are issues with corpses not vanishing after death, leaving the said loot in them, that too can be a contribution to lag if it keeps piling up.
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 am

Runs fine for me, so far.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 am

So I ran off the Ranzington and something caught my attention...forest was SWARMING with ancient animals...it was pretty hard to move, but I tell you, this was quickest gained level since I played here.
Of course I done it to improve server maintenance. Yup!

bottom line: Might be some bug in spawns Wink
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:47 am

Cool. Thanks. I'd heard a rumor there might be a bug now (as of yesterday's boot), but was unable to confirm it.

I'll check it out!

Edit: I've made a small change to the spawn code to close up might be the cause of this bug, but as this one is really, really hard to reproduce offline, I can't be certain whether that fixed it. Can I count on you to keep me informed and continue your awesome maintenance of the server? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More lag than expected   More lag than expected Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More lag than expected
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: