Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another mage nerf or shields not working?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoky

Smoky

Another mage nerf or shields not working? Empty
PostSubject: Another mage nerf or shields not working?   Another mage nerf or shields not working? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:23 am

Intented or should non of the damage shields stack?

When i use death armor it cancels my elemental damage shield and the other way around, should it be that way?

If this is how it should work, then i really like to know some more nerfeses done to mages.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Another mage nerf or shields not working?   Another mage nerf or shields not working? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:25 am

Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: Another mage nerf or shields not working?   Another mage nerf or shields not working? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks. missed that one =) Another good reason to not take pure mage i guess.
Imo if possible, shadow attack should heal and shields should stack for pure mage/wiz. (note, i am not a pure one)

-Hellball now knocks down all friendlies except for the caster. This will NOT turn affected NPCs hostile to the caster.
OUCH, didnt like that one *sad face*

Anyway, a really handy link. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Another mage nerf or shields not working?   Another mage nerf or shields not working? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 am

You're welcome!

The reason we changed damage shields is that they proved to be overpowered in testing; most fighters were incapable of downing a mage before the damage shields killed them. This problem wasn't as evident on Genesis because meleers there had greater access to hard elemental immunity gear, so they'd just switch into that when necessary; here, however, most items grant damage immunity instead of damage resistance, which makes damage shields a bit more powerful (hence, again, the need to limit the number of them).

All in all, we've tried to move in a direction on Exodus that supports tactical, prolonged battles rather than brief conflicts ended by quick burst effects. This is the reason that hellball was changed. It wasn't our goal to nerf mages, per se -- but we had to tone down a few of their spells to make things more interesting in the long run. You have probably also noted that we actually made a few mage spells more powerful, where it was deemed necessary. I'd say that mages are moreso "evened out" than they are "nerfed".

And, yes, we certainly have given some attention to the pure mages. Healing via items is slightly easier for them here than it was on Genesis (no, I'm not going to elaborate; you can find out for yourself!) and we've made it harder to max out saves in order to give them an actual chance at causing competent opponents to fail their saving throws. We've also consolidated the more useful spells into a few spell schools to give pure mages a greater variety of options in battle.
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

PostSubject: Re: Another mage nerf or shields not working?   Another mage nerf or shields not working? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:19 am

So it's not so easy to get super high saves here, that is a VERY good thing, becouse on genesis you could get super high saves on pretty much every char, therefore i didnt like a pure mage, way to weak compared to a battlemage.

Still hate KD and it makes me hit the roof Razz If i die i wana die fighting, not on my back Razz
In my eyes KD is the same as dev hit or getting killed by a death spell, just more painfull :S

Guess it's to early to speak to much tho, but lets hope its not another "the person with most heal scroll win" battles Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another mage nerf or shields not working?   Another mage nerf or shields not working? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another mage nerf or shields not working?
Page 1 of 1