Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumors

Go down 
+3
J. Persinne
Smoky
TheMothMan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMothMan

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:29 am

NWN MMO(RP)G?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26913669/neverwinter-nights-mmog-descending-in-2011.html

I sure wonder how this would work out, if it turns out to be true. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smoky

Smoky

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Hope its true =) And if it is, hope they dont make it shit easy. (like wow) easy games attract to many kids Razz
ANd you get bored of them fast.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:23 pm

I've heard this rumor so much that I'm almost certain it's true (which means it'll be all the more shocking if it isn't).

I can't imagine what angle they'd be playing here, though. An MMO won't touch on the create your own adventure aspect of NwN, nor the small community atmosphere, nor would it use v3.0 or v3.5 DnD rules, nor would it even be set around Neverwinter, as in 4th Edition that city is just a big crater. I highly doubt it'd have any relation to the old AOL game, either.

So in the end, I suspect it'd just be an excuse to release a new DnD MMO with the 4th Edition ruleset.

And if that's the case, I'm sure it'll be a fine game, but I'll continue to stick with NwN1. Thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cryptic
Staff

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Atari will go bust before then, anyhow.

And it says right there that the Cryptic (coincidence, or is it?) team already have 2 other MMOs to be dealing with. It's gonna be poorly done if it ever sees the light of day - and certainly won't capture what was so great about the first. Atari simply assumes an NWN MMO -has- to make money because otherwise they're screwed.
Back to top Go down
DeathWarding420

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:28 am

In that case they may be screwed then Laughing
I think its totally the wrong approach, if they are going to continue the nwn series, make a nwn 3, like a few years from now. its way to sudden for them to release another nwn based game and expect it to be sucessful, if it does go through and they make/release it, they better -not- expect any results even close to nwn1.
The way they did nwn was perfect, the expansions came out at a perfect time and the updates always kept you on your feet. If they do this, it would not be any where near nwn 1's successes.

I wish they wouldnt have even released nwn 2 yet, personally I think they should have kept support for nwn 1 till, (nwn2) would have been released and not rushed.

Perhaps in the long run they would have been more financialy set, and keeping everyone happy.

Hehe maybe on a parallele universe Sad
Back to top Go down
Drowess-

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:22 pm

How to go about NWN 3 in 10 easy steps:

1. Take all the content, especially the community made stuff, of Neverwinter Nights 1.
2. Update it using a new graphics engine that can handle spell effects from hundreds of players.
3. Write a storyline with the scope of NWN 2 (The story was good, the game was awful)
4. Provide the option to purchase a Neverwinter Nights 3: Dedicated Server Edition that grants remote access to your own server at the company, allowing you to upload a module and have complete control over it (ala NWN 1) but with a dedicated tech support team.
5. Create a brand new toolset with the intuition of NWN 1.
6. Provide forums and homepages for the dedicated server editions.
7. Provide regular content updates and patches to fix bugs/glitches.
8. NO HARDCODING OF IN GAME EFFECTS. EVERYTHING should be able to be changed if you know what you're doing.
9. ????????
10. Profit.
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:18 pm

What to do in the meantime:

Watch the Star Wars: Old Republic trailer in awe. Drool a bit, then imagine what it will be like when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Drowess-

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Rann Cora wrote:
What to do in the meantime:

Watch the Star Wars: Old Republic trailer in awe. Drool a bit, then imagine what it will be like when it comes out.

Never Ever EVER believe hype.

It will just make you feel even worse when you get the game Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors   Rumors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: