Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Outsider Shape: Rashaska

Go down 
+9
Rann Cora
Dalsok
Cryptic
Thonil
Rugnarie
Smoky
Procyon
J. Persinne
Mr Hats
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TropicOfCancer

Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:46 am

Given the MothMan DC for pure casters I would think 'blessed bolts' would be a last resort , more than likely the Rak would fall right after the Mord . Highest caster level I had with a rak was 30 so against a pure 40 dispelling him I say his chances of keeping his protective spells up are slim to none . Also along those lines ( I may be wrong I'm fairly new here ) Most gear as far as saves go doesn't stack and even with maxed spellcraft the cat best pray when hit by a caster with a Dc in the 50's . Steelcat said it best , every build has its counter . As for the real true Sight well..a character with HIPS gets no pity from me and I play sneakers and shifters . The Rak is still vulnerable when flanked . In the arena a shifter is one of the most formidable builds but that is only when he is facing a single opponent and uses the right form , under mass assaults like you have on this server he's another dead toon just like any other . I would ponder less on a form with Bioware trueSight and take a closer look at why genesis had so many AA19/Wiz1/monk20 builds .
On a side note I would like to thank the builders and the players on the Anphillia servers , seriously , I been playing NWN since it came out and I've never seen a player base as laid back as this one when it comes to CvC . Real refreshing playing with folks that know the difference between PvP and greifing . I started as a Cleaven and find myself interacting more with the Axefell .
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:27 am

Ha. I am -totally- out of topic here, but I saw you today in the gamespy lobby and wanted to lure you...but apparently you found your way here, so..good! :-)
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Raks are High saves, with a decent Pre-Epic Save class.

(+9 from spellcraft, +6 from cloak (Here anyway) - you're already rocking +15 As well as altered dex / con, adding into the mix (Which doesnt count towards the +20 cap)).

Quote :
Percentage Chance to Dispel = (Dispel Spell Base) + (Caster Level) - (Target Spell Caster's Level)

Dispell Bases: Mordenkainens Disjunction: 20

So, if you were 30 CL, then you'd have buffs that would each have a 30% chance, independent of each other, to be dispelled. So keeping defensive spells up, is more likely to happen, than not.

Even on the off chance something important like deathward got removed, you could drink a potion and have it back up - ergo you wouldnt die in a round.

IMO and experience a well built and played rak doesnt have a weakness - save that it is extremely predictable in what it does. Grab alittle gear and you make ice storm into a minor annoyance.

That AA / Wiz / Monk build is pretty mediocre as well - You should keep an eye out for Temmo, she'll put that to shame.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself! Smile
Back to top Go down
TropicOfCancer

PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Nice!! I'm use to only having the highest save bonus count where I've been playing . Going to be fun being a noob again .
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Improved First Level Feats are also awesome for those worried about their saving throws.
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 pm

I miss Jeffrey :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outsider Shape: Rashaska   Outsider Shape: Rashaska - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outsider Shape: Rashaska
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2