Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Traps/Trap Kits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drowess-

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 am

So, before I write this, I just want to say that I realize this is probably a low priority issue Smile However, I'd like to get it out in the open.

I doubt very many people on the server use traps, which is why I've been hesitant to bring this up as it seems like I might even be asking for a change that only affects me Razz

A few things have struck me when using traps. The first is probably the most annoying. They do not stack. I'm fine with their weight, but being unable to stack trap kits makes them incredibly difficult to use. First, you can't slot them on your hot bar because after one use they're gone and second, they take up four squares of inventory a piece!

The second is how they remove you from stealth after you lay a trap. It seems to go against the status quo that a sneaker can pick pockets (not on this server, obviously, but normally) open locks and disarm/flag traps all while remaining in stealth, but a trapper cannot lay them whilst remaining in stealth.

So, if at some point the staff are looking for things to update, might they consider the trap system? Very Happy I have a suggestion that might work. Training in the "Set Trap" skill gives the character a "trapper" device. This device can be hotbared and activated on the ground to lay traps. In order to use this correctly, purchasable materials would be needed with minor through average available in the fort, strong and deadly in places like hope and the most dangerous traps at the higher stores etc.

Of course, this might require a lot of work, so once again I state that I don't expect any changes, but they would be -really- nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 am

Traps are extremely strong. Like -really- -really- strong.

They dont stack for a good reason! It limits the amount you can carry.

Letting a rogue lay traps while in stealth is a bad idea, because they can output damage without ever becoming visible.

Traps/Trap Kits Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Thonil wrote:
Letting a rogue lay traps while in stealth is a bad idea, because they can output damage without ever becoming visible.

A good rogue can do that anyway... or at least not be visible long enough for you to do anything about it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Rabidus

Rabidus

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Reading this reminded me of when Ash and Ral set traps in the plains..then lured Li down and pulled her through them... pooor li.. but ral and Ash had some giggles!

(funny thing was Li had us on the back foot most the fight >.>)
Back to top Go down
Drowess-

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Ah alright, I didn't realise traps were that powerful and were limited for a reason. The ones I'd used so far have done... Considerably less damage Razz

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 am

I heartily recommend the epic frost and epic sonic traps, myself.

The others, on the other hand, aren't quite so amazing. Perhaps we can put revising them on the "to do" list.
Back to top Go down
Drowess-

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 am

That might be why the traps have been underwhelming so far. I've yet to see anything above Very Strong.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 am

*yays*I see the opportunity for some trade!
Because of lack of -active- sneakers, I have like 6bags full of epic traps - useless!
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:59 am

[Chuckles.] Practically every Axfell I've traveled with is a sneaker of some sort. You chose the wrong faction!
Back to top Go down
Drowess-

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:07 am

Really J? You must play at different times to me, I can only name Maion (Me), Morf, Vene, Padoog (sp? The halfling...), Aileane... Yeah I think that's it. Or all that I can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Traps/Trap Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traps/Trap Kits   Traps/Trap Kits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traps/Trap Kits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Feedback-
Jump to: