Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Word of Faith

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lollypop Guildmaster

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:52 pm

How exactly does this spell work? I'm not sure to post it here on in bug reports, not knowing the details, but it seems a bit off to me.

- Beaked Wounder casts WoF: SR check, then save prompted if SR is breached.

- Iron Hand Cleric casts WoF: SR check, then blindness if SR is breached, with no save.

Is this normal? It it because one is a higher level? I really think a save would be reasonable there, if there isn't already supposed to be one, because mantles and SR spells are the only things to prevent it; melee classes are left no preventive option but costly curative ones instead.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Having a casted True Seeing lets you make a save vs. Blindness. Outsiders automatically blinded. Will kill low levels outright...
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:59 pm

In both cases, I was a minotaur (monstrous humanoid) with a Starlight used on myself. The Beaked grant me a save, the Iron Hand don't.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:19 pm

There is nothing wrong with the code.

Were you traveling with a spellcaster (bard or cleric) that likes to use Nameless Light? Nameless Light is an AoE that functions like True Seeing; it will remove all instances of the True Seeing spell from its targets, however, it does not provide immunity to Word of Faith.
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 am

Darn it all to heck! Yes. Will using a True Seeing item on myself after Nameless Light is cast re-immunize me?
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:56 am

Yup.
Back to top Go down
fatheadsam

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:42 am

Poop on that spell

*removes it from his buffs immediatley*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Word of Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of Faith   Word of Faith Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Word of Faith
Page 1 of 1