NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Druids & alignment forcing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelCat

SteelCat

Druids & alignment forcing Empty
PostSubject: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:45 am

I understand the general idea of making only good and evil characters but it seems to have a bad effect on druids, and only on them it seems.
Since a druid is forced to be NG o NE he can't multiclass nether to monk, nor to DD. Maybe it's a good idea to leave the monk behind similar to sorc/pala build cause of the bonus ac from wisdom; But multiclassing to DD can make some fun builds.
Can this be fixed?
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

PostSubject: Re: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:25 am

They're balanced around not being able to take monk or DD.

Druids & alignment forcing Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

PostSubject: Re: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 am

Aw shame. Was hoping it was not intemtional. There goes my construct DD uber damage resisting build..
Back to top Go down
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 am

I think shifters deserve martial weapon profiency. That would encourage melee builds other than the usual barbarian one. Anyway the melee forms aren't that good.

Last edited by Ripped on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:27 am

I'm not sure what criteria for "melee forms aren't that good" is being used here, because I've seen a well-built melee-focused shifter tear apart a large group of opponents on Genesis (where shapes were quite similar) and to some extent in testing. The best shifters (in my opinion, and all that) that I've seen weren't even barbarians, either; it's an overrated combination.

Certainly, they lack the punch of a pure WM, but they have quite a bit more durability to make up for it, and given that they don't have to focus in any physical abilities whatsoever, the shifter class can be used for some pretty interesting melee-focused builds.
Back to top Go down
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Yeah, sorry. There were some good builds for undead shapes. I ment mostly the construct shapes since they are more different now. Well a lot has changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Druids & alignment forcing   Druids & alignment forcing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Druids & alignment forcing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Feedback-
Jump to: