NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Siege weapons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelCat

SteelCat

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:59 am

I have no idea how these work.. I'm talking about the defensive catapults and cannons. After it says "done loading" nothing happens.. One time the catapult even fired in the opposite direction. That was really awkward.
Am I doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:38 am

You click it, it fires at the nearest hostile target. (Which could well be behind you at a badger or a beetle or something).

then it goes static so you cant click it again while it reloads, then when it's done reloading it becomes useable again and you can fire it again.

Siege weapons Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 am

Well most of the time they won't fire at all.
Back to top Go down
Rann Cora

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 am

It fires, you just don't see it. If you see the little smoke animation pop up but no cannonball, it fires. I used it just fine the other day.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:49 am

If it doesnt fire at all, No sound, animation + the placeable doesnt go static, then their's no valid target in range of them.

Siege weapons Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
SteelCat

SteelCat

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 am

Must it have a direct visual on the target (e.g being behind a wall)?
Back to top Go down
TheMothMan

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Assuming the scipts are more or less the same as on the Public Release, Siege Weapons to not care about pesky little things like Line of Sight.
It can however easily be implemented.

To you scripters - try using ActionCastSpellAtLocation() instead of ActionCastSpellAtObject(), with the Location being the location of the targeted object.
You might get better results this way, atleast the VFX should fire more often.

However, this will make it possible to avoid being hit by the AoE from the Siege Weapon, if the target is moving (fast enough) when its location is being fetched.
It would also make some Siege Weapon attacks easier to avoid, since the different projectile types (accelerating, homing, linked, ballistic, spiral or bounce) all have different speeds/delays.
It might be neat but it might also not be preferable, depending on the designteams preferences - hence why I decided to go with ActionCastSpellAtObject() in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Siege weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege weapons   Siege weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siege weapons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: