Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped

Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Empty
PostSubject: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:48 am

I get this message on login

account: trickzter
character: Daerev Tiabrasha

help appreciated
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 pm

There are two possible causes for problems like these:

1) You have a spells.2da override, but it isn't the one that we've made available for download here. Anphillia Genesis' override, while similar to ours, is not 100% compatible.
2) You used to have the correct override, but then you removed it before leveling up; what happens in this case is that your client believes you don't actually have all of the spells that you should have (as you lack the override to show them), so it allows you to take extra spells to make up the difference. Unfortunately, you didn't actually lose the spells that you can't see, so you end up with an illegal number of spells.

Both problems can be solved by downloading our override bundle, here: https://anphillia.forumotion.com/downloads-f2/exodus-override-bundle-t149.htm

However, if you're sure that neither #1 nor #2 apply to you, then please let me know. I may want some more details in that case so that we can figure out what the problem is.

Note that since your character is already illegalized, reinstalling the override bundle will not allow you to play your character. I'll have to get in touch with FrostWolf to retrieve your character file and make modifications directly. I've already dropped him a message, so it's only a matter of time until he sees it and gets back to me.

Until then, hang in there, as it won't be long. I'll post here again once your character file has been modified and Daerev is playable once more.
Back to top Go down
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 am

Thanks for your fast reply

I'm sure the problem is cause of #2,
hope to be playing soon again.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:42 am

Hey Ripped,

Just want to keep you informed. I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that FrostWolf is having some network issues and is unable to send me your character file for editing at the moment.

The good news is that he says I may be able to get it within a day or two.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 am

Sorry for taking so long, its been hell i tell you. Anyway the char file shall be sent to J in the morning as the server comes up again. Sorry for the wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
J. Persinne
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 am

Daerev was fixed some time ago, but I just realized that posting about it has completely slipped my mind. Sorry about that; it's been a busy couple weeks.

Let me know if there are any further problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells   Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invalid character, char learned illegal number of spells
Page 1 of 1