Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wish list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMothMan

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:35 am

First off lemme say; Wow!
I love this MOD.

I've spend a few hours just running around taking in all the sights - almost!

There is a great balance between familiarity and freshness.
It's Anphillia but it's new, it's really awesome. Good job guys.

There are a few minor things that I personally would love to see in this MOD;

Persistancy:
As of late I am the Preacher of Persistancy. My feeling these days is that this is essential to any online game experience.
This can be achived in two different ways, either with BioWares persistant database or with NWNX's database. Both are easy to set up and the latter is suppose to be easy on the servers workload.
I envision persistancy on an Anphillia as an option in A Dream - after each reboot you can choose to either "wake up" in your fort or be teleported to your last saved location.
With this a form of "Tele-me-home" gadget would be useful too.

Persistant quests:
I would love to see persistant quests, quests that has a permanent impact on the gameworld.
For instance, quests that bolster the forts defenses;

Daler has a quest for the players to craft 500 Exceptional Silver Chainmail for the Cleaven Militia. He keeps tracks of how many has been done so far and who has made them - for everyone to see.
Once the quest is completed, the top three contributers enjoy a Morale boost of +1 AB while fighting in Cleaven lands (incentive) while at the same time all Cleaven guards will have more AC from the time of the quests completion (persistancy).

Samin has a quests for the players to gather 400 lumber, 300 iron bars and 500 pounds of gunpowder - all scattered around in various treasure chests on Anphillia. He keeps tracks of how many has been found so far and who has brought them back - again for everyone to see.
The top three gatherers gain an intimate knowledge of gnomish designs and +35 dmg when using any Siege weapon (incentive) while at the same time Cleaven gains +10 dmg reduction to all Siege weapons (persistancy).

Or something to that end.

Unmute guards:
Grant all guards a standard conversation where they help players find locales in any major city or settlement (e.i no map-pins until you ask a guard for any specific location). This would prehaps help in making the NPC feel more useful and "alive", Iunno.

Bigger spawntriggers:
Might be lag from me or the server, so I'm not sure the following is true or false;
I feel like many enemies spawn ontop of me and all so often without a skin (aka super-invis!).
This could be because the spawnpoint (if any) is too close to the edge of the spawntrigger.
If there is no spawnpoint placed, the creature(s) will spawn at the furthes point (within the spawntrigger area) from the triggering PC - which in this case would mean that the spawntrigger is too small.
NPC should preferably be spawned from beyond the players field of vision, which in this case means the spawntrigger will need to be either bigger (if there is no spawnpoint set) or the spawnpoint needs to be futher away from the spawntrigger.
It sucks to have enemies "decloak" right next to you like a fleet of Romulan Warbirds.Smile
Again, could be me lagging.

Anyways, that's my personal wish list.
Keep up the awesome work!

If anyone else also have a wish list - make yourself heard! Smile

Cya around.

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 am

Cheers for the feedback. It's always wonderful to hear, and I concur with a lot of it (though naturally, some of it's in that, "y'know, it'd be sorta nice if, oooone day..." sort of way).

On that note, the spawns are being overhauled as we speak. They shouldn't be spawning on you right now, but they're occasionally a bit catty; that'll be fixed soon enough, I hope.

I'm also looking forward to hearing some feedback from the rest of the folks here!
Back to top Go down
TheMothMan

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:25 am

Damnit, was editing while you responded. I hate when that happeneds, heeh.

Anyways, I was gonna add this here line;

Off-hand Items:
I'd love to see some off-hand items (e.i torches with fancy names and neat textures) with some combat oriented stats.
It would be great to have the option to make a char that uses only one one-handed weapon and is still up to par.

Thanks!

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:43 am

Big thumb up to the persistant quests :-)
Back to top Go down
TheMothMan

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:19 am

I know that the thought of adding persistancy can seem daunting at first, but once you dig deeping into the issue you'll see that's it's very basic and simple - especially BioWares functions for it.

First you establish the basic save/load functions with SetCampaignLocation() and SetCampaignLocation() as the two key functions. These two functions are your Save and Load. These two functions automatically "talks" to the generic database and as such, you will need to do little else.

Allow me to demonstrate;

Code:
#####moth_perstnt_inc#####
//Basic Include file

void MothSetPersistantMarker(object oPC)
{
    location lLocation = GetLocation(oPC);
    string sPC = GetPCPlayerName(oPC);
    string sMod = GetModuleName();
    SetCampaignLocation(sMod, sPC, lLocation, oPC);
}
void MothSetPersistantMarkerAllPCs()
{
  object oPC = OBJECT_INVALID;
  oPC = GetFirstPC();

while (oPC != OBJECT_INVALID)
  {
    if (GetIsObjectValid(GetArea(oPC)) == TRUE)
    {
      MothSetPersistantMarker(oPC);
    }
    oPC = GetNextPC();
  }
}
void MothGetPersistantMarker(object oPC)
{
    location lLocation = GetLocation(oPC);
    string sPC = GetPCPlayerName(oPC);
    string sMod = GetModuleName();
    DelayCommand(0.5, AssignCommand(oPC, ActionJumpToLocation(GetCampaignLocation(sMod, sPC, oPC))));
}

MothSetPersistantMarker() saves the PC's current location. This can be used on Heartbeats or OnEnter an area or whatever.
MothGetPersistantMarker() loads the PC's last stored location. This can be used OnEnter module or OnEnter a portal in A Dream or where ever.
MothSetPersistantMarkerAllPCs() saves all PC's current locations for synchronisation if you wanna save using Heartbeats. Not really needed on Anphillia due to how it's Heartbeat is already set up.
So basically, there are two functions wrapped in two functions you need to worry about to make your server persistant.

With these main wraps around the key functions, SetCampaignLocation() and SetCampaignLocation() you can easily move on.

Code:
####moth_perstnt_ent#####
#include "moth_perstnt_inc"
void main()
{
object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
MothGetPersistantMarker(oPC);
}

This is the simple lines you add to your Modules OnEnter script if you want instant (almost) teleportation to the last saved location, or you can put it on a portal in A Dream just for the choice. You can of course change GetEnteringObject() to any other fetching function and use it in conversations or on other events.

If you don't wanna save with Heartbeats but rather with other means, such as OnEnter in an Area or whatnot, you add this simple line to the associated event;
Code:

####moth_perstnt_usr#####
#include "moth_perstnt_inc"
void main()
{
object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
}

Again, here GetEnteringObject() can be switched to any fetching function aslong as it can return a PC.

Finally, if you want to save with Heartbeats, which is highly recommended for several reasons, you need to put a synchronised save in your modules OnHeartbeat;

Code:
####How I'm assuming your Heartbeat script looks like, more or less. Additions marked with XxX#####

#include "hc_inc"
#include "nw_i0_henchman"
#include "anph_inc"
#include "anph_inc_fatigue"
#include "hc_inc_timecheck"
#include "zep_inc_phenos2"
#include "moth_inc_hb"
XxX#include "moth_perstnt_inc"XxX
void main ()
{
    object oPC;
    int iLastRest;
    SetTime(GetTimeHour(), GetTimeMinute(), GetTimeSecond(), GetTimeMillisecond());
    // get heartbeat counter and increase by one
    int nHBCount = GetLocalInt(oMod, "HBCount");
    int nHBAura = GetLocalInt(oMod, "HBAura");
    nHBCount++;
    nHBAura++;
    SetLocalInt(oMod, "HBCount", nHBCount);
    SetLocalInt(oMod, "HBAura", nHBAura);
    if (nHBAura > 4)
    {
    MothAuraOfCourageHeartbeat();
    SetLocalInt(oMod, "HBAura", 0);
    }
    if (nHBCount > 8)
    {
      string sName;
      string sPlayerName;
      int nHourOfDay = GetTimeHour();
      int nSSB=SecondsSinceBegin ();
      int iMinRest = GetLocalInt (oMod,"RESTBREAK")*nConv;
      int nHourToGive1 = GetLocalInt(oMod,"MothXPHour1");
      oPC = GetFirstPC();
      while (GetIsObjectValid (oPC) == TRUE )
      {
          //retrieve player name
          sName = GetName (oPC);
          sPlayerName = GetPCPlayerName (oPC);         
          XxXif(GetIsObjectValid(GetArea(oPC)))
          {
          }XxX         
          if(nHourOfDay == nHourToGive1)
          {
          MothGiveTimeXP(oPC,oMod,nHourOfDay);
          }
          // Set hit points for PC so we can remember
          // them on join.
          SetLocalInt (oMod, sName + sPlayerName + "RHP",
                      1);
          SetLocalInt (oMod, sName + sPlayerName + "CHP",
                      GetCurrentHitPoints (oPC));
        {
        }
        oPC = GetNextPC();
      }
      // end this heartbeat
      SetLocalInt(oMod, "HBCount", 0);
    }
}

The important thing to remember here is to verify that the PC is in an actual area and not in transit, hence the "GetIsObjectValid(GetArea(oPC))".
You can increase or decrease the frequency of the saves by increasing or decreasing the "if (nHBCount > 8 )".
If so, you should put that in a seperate bracket, otherwise other heartbeat based fucntions (such as Time XP) will get changed aswell.

And that's about it, now you got a persistant mod.
Note that this code wasn't made for Anphillia, so I'm sure you guys can make it more efficiant by removing the double calls, on player names and whatnot.

I hope this helped!
If you need any help sorting this out (assuming you end up using persistancy), gimmie a shout.

Good luck!

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:00 am

Guards and NPCs that tell new players where to find things would be nice. It's not really stated anywhere how you get to Ranzington - or for that matter, the captains' quests don't give you basic directions (like the point is down Rustin Road, then turn South).

On a related note, the Grand Forest South area is maybe too blockaded. What I mean is that there is that one passage you have to take coming from the North, and you have to know that's the passage to take otherwise end up running aimlessly until someone in tells points you to go back North and look for the hollow tree. Maybe open up some of the treeline on the East of the passage to Ranzington, or add some signs to identify the existing ones, or a worn road segment to illustrate the frequent passage.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 pm

A signpost or two, and some roads, make in character sense. After all, it'd behoove Lord Sten to have a city that can be found and traveled to.
Back to top Go down
Solorwind

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:25 pm

J. Persinne wrote:
A signpost or two, and some roads, make in character sense. After all, it'd behoove Lord Sten to have a city that can be found and traveled to.
How about a half dozen taverns. I get the same boredness having only one tavern to drink at. Wouldn't it be cool if we can have a bunch of taverns in the fort? That way when I have had too much to drink, I could crawl to the nearest tavern with ease instead of bumping into street poles or buildings wondering if I have gotten to my tavern destination. Hey I have even a more splendid idea, how about a brothel house that serves drinks. That would be way too cool.
Back to top Go down
Rugnarie

Rugnarie

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:01 am

You can get a room in Ranzington....
And you don't want a brothel here...Because then you would start vomiting while my ugly sick dwarf started reaching with his fingers everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Solorwind

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:33 am

Rugnarie wrote:
You can get a room in Ranzington....
And you don't want a brothel here...Because then you would start vomiting while my ugly sick dwarf started reaching with his fingers everywhere.
I wouldn't be vomiting because of some dwarfs fingers reaching in no no places. And besides, it would take this mighty warrior of a stud much to make him vomit.
Back to top Go down
Solorwind

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:26 pm

By the way, if you do decide to build a brothel house, could you send that hot chick with the long brown hair on the cover of your home page down that way? I would pay good coins for that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wish list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish list   Wish list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wish list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Feedback-
Jump to: