Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII

Go down 
+2
fatheadsam
Rann Cora
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rann Cora

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Who's picking it up and on what platform?

Me: I'm going PS3.
Back to top Go down
fatheadsam

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:27 am

OOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFF TOOOOOOPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!!!!
;P
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 am

I will be getting my copy today on the PS3, the diffrence between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version is too great. The Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII does not render in a high-definition resolution, instead only reaching 576p. Apparently, the Xbox 360 runs a native resolution of 1024 x 576 with 2x anti-aliasing enabled at only 576p. That pales in comparison to the PS3's version, which runs at 1280 x 720 with 2x anti-aliasing enabled and at 1080p. Also its been said that some of the backround imagery and such has been taken away on the Xbox version.

Anyway that said, i'll be glued to the Tv and most likely reaching near death as i play and finish this game. Dont worry, reboots will still happen whenever im close to passing out.

Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
Rann Cora

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:19 am

I must say, 7 hours in and I'm rather impressed. Hope it continues.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Server Admin
FrostWolf

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 am

Rann Cora wrote:
I must say, 7 hours in and I'm rather impressed. Hope it continues.

Been playing it for 11 hours and im also impressed. Though sadly i dont have a HD tv at the moment so the game isint as beautiful as it should be but gorgeous nontheless.
Back to top Go down
https://anphillia.forumotion.com/
Rann Cora

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 am

Oh dear, now I have FF13 and God of War 3 to play. Must... finish... 13... first... (41 hours so far)
Back to top Go down
TheMothMan

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:21 pm

You can read more about what Wolfie said here. Infact you can read exactly what he said here, I thought the text was familiar when I read it, hehe.

As for FF, I stopped playing after the 8th installment.
Manga/Anime/Japanese RPG suffer from one big flaw as a form of entertainment IMO - the protaganist is always the "same".
The sidekicks are always the "same", espeically the women who all act and look silly (insulting to women some might say). Actually, it's all rather stereotypical in a bad way.
Hence, boring for me. Smile

That being said, who can deny that FF is the greatest RPG series of all times, hmm?

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
Procyon

Procyon

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I can deny that and with just one word. Ultima
Back to top Go down
TheMothMan

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh yes, Ultima. Loved those games. Brings back memories playing them on my old 486 and Pentium I. Hehe.
And Ultima 8 on my Sega Master System. The screen was filled with odd looking sprites and you had to imagine what it was suppose to be.
Epic!

However saying that Ultima is a better RPG series than FF is another matter.
Atleast they had the first hit in "real graphics" based MMORPG - in the modern sense of the word.

-TheMothMan
Back to top Go down
Procyon

Procyon

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 am

This could be debated for a long time but that is just my opinion. I like Ultimas. Ultima V Warriors of Destiny is greatest I think, still have the original Amiga box with all the stuff and all those solutions and stuff I gathered when I was playing it. I would still like to play it but it needs some slowing on even in an emulator(which doesn't work anymore btw). Epic memories, really.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 am

The guardian is actually the scariest guy ever. So, SO scary! =/. So much love for ultima! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: