Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raut Guardians

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fatheadsam

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 am

A bit crazy on the AC hmmm???

Can't hit em without the true strike, complained to a DM that told me I shoulda been a WM or brought a caster. Might not be that bigga deal if they didn't jump off the walls, but they do.

Anywho, a lvl 40 fighter 2 shy of max str should be able to hit them more than 1 time in 3 rounds IMHO

As of now they are super annoying (kinda like J when he gets sassy)
Back to top Go down
Cryptic
Staff

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:21 am

Actually, those guards really are insane. Same xp as the other rauts, but higher AC/damage/ab and true seeing and have monk progression when they put down their crossbow. Makes them even harder to kill when they're deflecting your arrows. I'd argue they're actually harder than the raut leader in some situations.

Rugnarie

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:42 am

Oh yes. I tried to sneak there and loot their precious big chest some time ago...After being chased by those guards with TS, even with epic dodge and 65% concealment they kept hitting me!
That was last time I've been there.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 am

I totally agree. And I'd brandish the nerf bat, but fatheadsam called me sassy.
Back to top Go down
Dalsok
Staff

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:16 am

in a good way J.
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:23 am

Oh.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:32 am

I agree that it's a tad high.

I just dont agree that a non-ab focussed character should be complainin' about it Wink.

They're easy with casters, which is why I like rauts - since you need at least a tank / fighter and a caster to do 'em with any efficiency. But I wouldnt like to see them more solo-able than they are now.

Raut Guardians Rann_siggy
Back to top Go down
fatheadsam

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Still condends a Str-based fighter is kinda AB based.... he tried to be, the game just won't let him
Back to top Go down
SeXeH

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 am

Truthfully in my own opinion we should have more "hard" places like fort raut it seems like there are far to many places that are solo-able but just my opinion
SeXeH
Back to top Go down
J. Persinne
Staff

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 am

Yeah; I like that Fort Raut is one of the harder places. The gold yield is very good, besides (and will be especially so once treasure is overhauled).

But I went ahead and nerfed the raut guards a little bit with the next update. Nothing significant, but it should help.
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 pm

It was redesigned to be more of a level 40 area, and in light of that... it's not really hard enough.
Back to top Go down
SeXeH

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:30 am

I agree, It's good to have a spot where you need 3+ lvl 40's to actually go through cause if everything is a walk in the park for a lvl 40 whats the point in PVM anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raut Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raut Guardians   Raut Guardians Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raut Guardians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anphillia Exodus :: Anphillia OOC Forum :: Feedback-
Jump to: