Anphillia Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anphillia Exodus

NWN 1 Faction roleplay PW using CEP v2.3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sneak Attack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Procyon

Procyon

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:30 am

A new thing has arisen and I did ask from a fellow rouge but neither of us were able to get the Sneak Attack to work on ranged weapons. And I mean by bow, crossbow, sling, darts... I've been moving silently and shooting, shooting from as far as I could and very close with and without moving silently, summoned some decoys and moved silently and not. But still without making a sneak attack on ranged weapon. It's not that it just doesn't show Sneak Attack but it doesn't do any Sneak damage. Could this be looked into?
Back to top Go down
Lollypop Guildmaster

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:13 am

Mine work fine, and so did another rogue I travelled with yesterday. I use a longbow and she was using a short bow.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:29 am

Probabbly a one off thing, or the monster wasnt flatfooted (Or could see you) when you shot it.

Sneak Attack is hardcoded so we cant fiddle with the way it works.
Back to top Go down
Procyon

Procyon

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:53 am

Well then... the only possible answer I can give is that the game hates me... just 2 minutes ago I went and shot a badger with a crossbow while being invisible. With improved invisibility. No sneak attacks. Not a single one. Unless you have made badgers immune to sneak attacks or that they can see everything... Beats me... But as far as I can remember from playing here I've never gotten a sneak attack with ranged weapon.
Back to top Go down
Thonil
Staff
Thonil

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Ahhh, now crossbow is a funny one.

I remember my xbow sneaker on amia (Who was a harper incidentally >.>) had an issue quite alot of the time with sneak attacking things. I found re-equipping my crossbow helped, though I cant give much more help then that, sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Aethra
Staff
Aethra

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:30 pm

I didn't read the whole list of replies but sneak attack with ranged weapons only happens when within a certain range. Let me check wiki for the correct amount.

...Within 30 ft. So just be close, but even so they still need to meet the other requirements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sneak Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Attack   Sneak Attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Attack
Page 1 of 1